Tour Dates

October 3rd - St. Catherines (Workshop/Market Square)
November 17th - Glasgow (Hamilton Townhouse)
November 21th - Liverpool (Sefton Palm House)

What is the Book of Judith?

The Book of Judith, created by Michael Rubenfeld and Sarah Garton Stanley, is a musical play about a self-annointed preacher man who is passionately driven to change the lives of others. After a chance meeting with a quadriplegic woman named Judith Snow, theatre artist Matthew Goldberg believes he has “seen the light”. With the help of his director, Shauna Coupland, and her best friend, disabled artist, Pippa McLaren, Matthew has managed to coral a fully integrated group of choristers with and without disability, to help him tell, for the first time, his inspirational, maniacal and deeply suspect tale of Judith Snow. The Book of Judith takes us from innocence to ignorance and through to the other side – a truer place of transformation.

The Book of Judith stars Michael Rubenfeld and features Sarah Garton Stanley, Judith Snow and a revolving cast comprised of local members of the community the work is performed in. It is directed by Sarah Garton Stanley.

Sunday, April 26, 2009


An Artist Contemplates.

I had to share two piece of amazing-ness. The first is that we have a new member on a team named NICK CARPENTER. Nick is coming in town from MONTREAL to be our musical director. WOOP WOOP WOOPEE!!!!!! Nick is someone I worked with way back when I was in theatre school, and he also does work with Sarah and he is just generally, um, A GENIUS. So, one more genius added the our list.

Here is a PIC of Andrew and Nick at their first ever meeting in the world. They are going to be working together to help translate the BRILLIANT music for the BRILLIANT CHOIR.



Also. Here is an email I got from one of our choir members, Irena Kagansky. She has a copy of the play that I gave her to listen to. This was her unbelievable response:

Michael:

I could not help writing to you.

To come at the 'songs' for The Book of Judith from a level of
inexperience is eye-openning. This play tells the story
of what so many of us have felt, seen and heard;
and now others can hear it come to life!

I really have no words Michael...because this is beyond words...I want
to sing it, say it...right along with you...;0)
How different in context is the upcoming version of The Book of Judith going to be?

I am listening to the play now, and I can't help crying!
This project is so amazing, that, I am that much more honored to be a part of it!!
I am excited and moved to the core. Furthermore, as a writer, artist and theatre lover
I understand the tremendous value of the words, art and thought of this play.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

****

PRETTY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is Michael again)

And, I leave you off, just for fun, of my new favourite picture of me and Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment