Tour Dates

October 3rd - St. Catherines (Workshop/Market Square)
November 17th - Glasgow (Hamilton Townhouse)
November 21th - Liverpool (Sefton Palm House)

What is the Book of Judith?

The Book of Judith, created by Michael Rubenfeld and Sarah Garton Stanley, is a musical play about a self-annointed preacher man who is passionately driven to change the lives of others. After a chance meeting with a quadriplegic woman named Judith Snow, theatre artist Matthew Goldberg believes he has “seen the light”. With the help of his director, Shauna Coupland, and her best friend, disabled artist, Pippa McLaren, Matthew has managed to coral a fully integrated group of choristers with and without disability, to help him tell, for the first time, his inspirational, maniacal and deeply suspect tale of Judith Snow. The Book of Judith takes us from innocence to ignorance and through to the other side – a truer place of transformation.

The Book of Judith stars Michael Rubenfeld and features Sarah Garton Stanley, Judith Snow and a revolving cast comprised of local members of the community the work is performed in. It is directed by Sarah Garton Stanley.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Performance 7 and DAY OFF.

Hi! Yesterday was a day off, so I decided to take a day off from the blog also, which was great. I missed it and the show, but to be honest, last week was one of the most whelming weeks of my life. I think I am in a bit of shock at the response to the show. The outpouring of love for the piece has been so so moving.

Playwright Mike McPhaden, after seeing Sunday's performance said: "It's ironic that theatre happening in a revival tent can restore my faith in theatre. But it does."

It was a wonderful afternoon to do the show, though I was sweating buckets by the end. The tent was 3/4 full, which was really great for everyone. We've had a couple choir members out for a couple shows, but hopefully they will be back today ... WE MISS YOU IRENA!

I am going to be on METRO MORNING on CBC RADIO Tomorrow morning at around 7:45. I will likely be on with Judith, and we are going to be talking a bit the history of the show, and likely a bit about our relationship. I'm pretty nervous about this, because I'm not sure what Judith would have to say ... but either way, I'm sure its going to be a compelling interview. TUNE IN!

I don't have any photos to post today, which is a shame. I will try and take some today. Also, we have a couple NEW choir members joining us today: Erin and Caleb. Very excited for this newness.

I continue to be blown away by the response to the show, and I feel very loved by you all.

Much love,

xoxoMichael

No comments:

Post a Comment